Thursday, January 31, 2013

Challenge Complete!

Good Evening My Fellow Crocheting Comrades!!

This is the final post for the 31 Days Crochet Business Challenge with Sara Duggan.

I have learned so much over the past 31 Days, as well as I have met some really wonderful people, and received some great advice. I can honestly say that I am ready to continue on with my blogging journey. The past week or so I have been a little behind as far as blogging all 31 Days, so this post is another make up for the final 3 days.

Our prompt for Day 29 was:

Write a Post about a new pattern on project you're working on.

My newest project is learning to write crochet patterns, I recently purchased the Ultimate Crochet Bible. I've started from page one, and will continue until I have read every single page. I will then come back and teach each stitch that I've learned here on my blog for beginning crocheters. If you haven't already subscribed to my blog, please do so before you leave, I would love to have you travel with me on my crochet blogging and business journey, do come and share the experience with me I am sure you won't be disappointed!

The theme for our final weeks post has been monetizing your blog. And one way that Sara has mentioned to monetize your blog is through affiliate partnership. Our Challenge Day 30 prompt was to:

Write a post introducing your affiliate partner and why you chose to work with them.

One of my affiliate partners is .
I discovered inLinkz, on a hunt to find out what a Linky was. I traveled to four sites, before I found one, that made it clear to me. I found out that a linky is where readers share links from the host site back to their blog post & vice versa. It's a good way to meet other crochet bloggers and bring additional traffic to your own blog.

There are quite a few website where you can sign up for a linky service, but the one I chose to go with was

I chose inLinkz, because I am on a small budget and they actually will bill you $1.99 per month(or $19.99 a year) for the use of their service, and you can cancel at anytime! You get an unlimited thumbnails collection, tutorials, full moderation of links, its iPhone & Android compatible and you get a commission for referring friends!

Another way to monetize your blog is by offering ad space on your blog. As of now, I am not offering ad space on my blog, because I am only 31 Days old in the blogging world. At some point in my blogging career, I will offer ad space, but that for now I will just stick with affiliate partnerships.

As I draw this evenings post to a close, I'd like to Thank all of the people who have supported me, with comments and suggestions through out this challenge. Again, I have learned a tremendous amount of information, and met some really fantastic people!! Until tomorrow my fellow crafters...

Shalam!! Oops... and Dont forget tomorrow at sunset is...

Just drop by and show us what You've created this past week!
 Loading InLinkz ...