Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6... And I'm Ascared!!

Whew... Can you say CHALLENGE!!

It's Challenge Day 6, and I have to say for the first time, I am Ascared!!
(you know Afraid + Scared)

So by now you know that Sara has given a prompt each day and the participants use this prompt as their blog "topic" for the day. And I have to admit, todays prompt: Write a post about your strengths and skills as a crocheter and business owner.

This one scared me!

I started questioning myself...
Can I really do this and be good?
Perhaps I've lost my mind because I don't have enough experience?

I mean all kinds of doubtful thoughts started going through my head...

I don't have any formal management training, I dont have a degree in business,nor do I have any published work! I probably should quit before I get in to far!

So what specific qualities do I have that will help me succeed in business?

I have a degree in Communications, with over 25 years in the customer service industry, and 21 years of experience working within the disability community. I began crocheting as a young girl, but it's been within the last 3 years that I've redeveloped a passion for crocheting all over again. And so, I recently became a member of the Crochet Guild of America, to help perfect my crocheting skills and network with other crochet enthusiasts. I'm a self-starter, and hard worker! I learn quickly, I have drive, motivation, family support, self-confidence, and patience. But the most important strength I have is faith!

Faith is the strongest quality of all. Because when all else fails, It's my faith that will sustain me!
So I've decided... I'm pushing forward!!
Until tomorrow...

Be Blessed!!